Confucius Institute Scholarship Application and Admission of Jiangnan University
Jiangnan University (JU) is a host instituteof Confucius Institute Scholarship. Based on the requirements and regulationsof Confucius Institute Headquarters (hereinafter referred to as Hanban), JU hasset the application and admission process.
In 2017, JU can offer Confucius InstituteScholarship in three categories: four-week study, one-semester study andone-academic-year study. The study subject for all the three categories isChinese language.
II. Application Eligibility
Applicants should be of non-Chinesecitizenships and be in good health, aged between 16-35. Undergraduate studentsshall not exceed the age limit of 20. Applicants who are currently working asChinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
1. Four-week studyapplicants: JU’s Short-termChinese training course aims to improve students’ Chinese competence,particularly the speaking and listening abilities. The training course iscentered on Chinese language, but optional units on Chinese culture are alsoprovided. Application is mainly open to Confucius Institute (Classroom)students, excellent performers in HSK test, and outstanding club members ofConfucius Institute Magazine. Applicant should submit a HSK or BCT scorereport, and have no prior experience of studying in China. Duration of thisscholarship is four weeks. The training at JU will start in either June or July2017.
2. One-semesterstudy applicants: JU’slong-term Chinese training course aims to improve students’ Chinese speaking,listening, reading and translating abilities comprehensively and effectively.The training course integrates general knowledge about Chinese culture into thewhole training process. Meanwhile, optional units on culture are provided.Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have aminimum score of 150 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK(Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should have a minimum score of 100in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking). Duration of thisscholarship is five months. The training at JU will start in either lateFebruary or early September 2017.
3. One-academic-yearstudy applicants: JU’slong-term Chinese training course aims to improve students’ Chinese speaking,listening, reading and translating abilities comprehensively and effectively.The training course integrates general knowledge about Chinese culture into thewhole training process. Meanwhile, optional units on culture are provided.Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseasChinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performersin HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are noteligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 200 inHSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level). Alternatively,applicant should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of180 BCT (Speaking). Duration of this scholarship is eleven months. The trainingat JU will start in either late February or early September 2017.
III. Scholarship Value
TheConfucius Institute Scholarship covers:
2. Accommodation Fee
3.Comprehensive Medical Insurance Fee
4.Monthly Allowance (2500 RMB/month)
IV. Application Process
1. Applicantsshall register and fill the application form on Confucius Institute website (http://cis.chinese.cn). Also, scanned copies of applicationsupporting documents shall be uploaded.
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes(independent Confucius Classrooms), overseas Chinese language testing centers,educational and cultural sections of Chinese embassy and consulate arefunctioning as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection,materials review, host institutions connection, and collecting and handing overapplicants’ documents to host institutions.
3. JU reviews the application materials andsubmit provisional admission list to Hanban.
4. Hanban organizes overall assessment ofapplications and confirms the admission list.
5. JU mails the admission materials toapplicants directly or through recommending institutions.
V. Application Materials
1.Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2.Passport Photo Page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevantdocuments of entrusted legal guardians in China.
3.Transcript of the HSK, HSKK or BCT, BCT (Speaking). Winners of the finals ofthe “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions may submit the awardcertificate and the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate”.
4.Academic Degree Certificate/Diploma (or letter of registration)
5.Two References (at least one is academic reference)
6.Applicants who are currently working as Chinese language teachers shall provideemployment certificate and a reference from the institute they work for.
For other information, please contact: